World Clock

Tuesday 4 March 2008

Leaving... again

Weee-ee-eellllll.. Here we are, the first post on my new blog. And what an exciting blog it's going to be :P
We've been in Singapore for the past few days now and all the goss on our time here so far is included in my next post. But now a just little bit about what I got upto in the lead up to our trip..
The past couple of weeks before we left were quite emotionally charged. I, for one, having developed such a close relationship with Megs was very sad to leave, not to mention the friends and family I would be leaving behind. Tears would oft-flow during this period. Activity-wise, it was quite action packed though.. Packing and readying ourselves for one was stressful enough. Packing up all our belongings back home into boxes, buying the last few travel items, organising visas and documents (don't even get me started about the Wizard card!)..
The Adelaide Fringe came to town and I managed to fit in a few shows (including NZ band-extraordinaire The Mamaku Project and Irish comedian Jimeoin) and random visits to the Garden of Unearthly Delights. Yasmin Levy, an Israeli-born Ladino Flamenco singer, also put on a great show at the Festival Theatre which Megs and I checked out. And the music festival Soundwave came to Adelaide for the first time on Saturday just gone with the likes of Killswitch Engage, The Offspring, Alexisonfire and Incubus (the latter two being the highlights for me) entertaining the crowd throughout the afternoon and evening. I had a few visits to the dentist which left me quite sore. A bunch of us from work attended a quiz night at the local pub in which we lost dismally but had a laugh anyway - what was the name of that American politician again..? John?
We threw a BBQ for family the weekend before we left. That proved to be such a lovely day. It was the first time my little second cousins really seemed to warm to me and even used my name - especially after playing heads down, thumbs up with Ryan, Bethany, Hannah and Megs. Haha what fun, even more so since no-one wanted to stick to the rules.. It's a shame that the next time I see the littlens they'll probably have forgotten who I am again. Like I said though, it was such a lovely day getting to see everyone and I'm glad everyone that came did.
Friday night just gone, we hosted a going-away shindig at the Exeter (déjà vu anyone?) in which even more people rocked up and I had a blast! Thanks to everyone that came and poo to everyone that didn't :P Even saw a few faces I hadn't seen in years which was awesome! - you know who you are.. We finished the night quite fittingly at Pancake Kitchen before heading home and watching the best bits of the Late Show. And it was great seeing everyone at the airport too, made it so hard to leave but really happy everyone was there, love to all you guys.


Photos:

1. Megs n I
2. Incubus @ Soundwave
3. Ooh-ooh-ahh-ahh umbrella eyes..
4. At the airport :)
5. The family at the Ex
6. Kath and Bradtke, what fools
7. Love this photo! At the airport...

No comments: